This training module was was developed for a face-to-face short course on Genebank Management held at RDA Korea in 2009 and 2010. It includes lecture materials and pratical hands-on lab excercises. In particular it aims to:
• enhance the use of standard protocols for routine genebank operations including how to develop a genebank operation manual
• develop a practical understanding of the utilization of genetic resources and the interface between genebanks and breeders
• equip participants with essential knowledge in documentation and database management
• acquaint the participants with morphological and molecular techniques to characterize and evaluate plant genetic resources
• enhance awareness of international and national policy instruments and regimes concerning access to and exchange of genetic resources.