Congratulations to Bob Watson, Member of the Bureau of IPBES, who won the Champions of the Earth award for Science and Innovation
- Created on Thursday, 20 November 2014 10:05
The award is the United Nations’ flagship environmental prize, recognizing outstanding visionaries and leaders in the fields of policy, science, entrepreneurship, and civil society action. Bob Watson has been awarded the prize for Science and Innovation for ‘promoting the science behind ozone depletion, global warming and the impacts of biodiversity loss’. Winners were honoured by UN Secretary-General Ban-Ki-moon and UNEP Executive Director Achim Steiner at an awards ceremony in Washington D.C. on 19 November 2014. Past laureates have included Mikhail Gorbachev, Al Gore, Felipe Calderon, Mohamed Nasheed, Marina Silva, Vinod Khosla, and many other leaders on environment and development. More information here.
- Created on Friday, 24 October 2014 16:59
IPBES-3 will take place at the World Conference Center in Bonn (WCCB). It will be preceded by regional consultations and a stakeholder meeting. This information note will assist all participants with their travel arrangements, including hotel bookings, directions and connections to Bonn, visa application process, DSA and financial support.
- Created on Friday, 03 October 2014 21:44
IPBES held a side event at CBD COP 12 on Wednesday 8 October (18:15) to update delegates on progress with implementation of the work programme. Please see the programme of the side event and document UNEP/CBD/COP/12/INF/28.
- Created on Friday, 19 September 2014 18:23
Comments invited for the draft scoping reports for the regional and sub-regional assessments of IPBES
- Created on Friday, 19 September 2014 18:19
- IPBES 3 - Registration deadline extended to 31 October 2014
- IPBES Bureau Member and Vice-Chair for Africa receives the MIDORI Prize
- Call for Submissions: Indigenous and Local Knowledge on pollination and pollinators associated with food production
- Stakeholder day prior to IPBES-3
- Comments invited on priority needs for capacity building