Thematic assessment of pollinators, pollination and food production and Policy support tools and methodologies for scenario analysis and modelling of biodiversity and ecosystem services First Order Draft (review by experts) – Available 19 January 2015.
- Created on Monday, 19 January 2015 17:14
After the closing of the First Order Draft (Review by Experts) in February, all names of Expert Reviewers will be published on the website and acknowledged in the Annexes of each report.
- Created on Monday, 19 January 2015 15:53
At its third plenary session, IPBES agreed to initiate a set of regional assessments in Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific, and Europe and Central Asia. These assessments will be a vital contribution for a planned global assessment to be completed by 2019. As mentioned in the press release that was issued after the third plenary session, around 700 delegates from over 270 governments, scientific organizations, civil society and the private sector attended the Platform’s third meeting, which was held from 12 to 17 January 2015 in Bonn, Germany. IPBES Member States present at the meeting adopted a conflict of interest policy and a stakeholder engagement strategy and approved the guidance on strategic partnerships and other collaborative arrangements.
- Created on Wednesday, 14 January 2015 16:48
The IPBES Conceptual Framework has just been published in two articles: a short article in Plos Biology provides an overview and showcases the Conceptual Framework's importance for IPBES and the wider community, while an extended article in Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability contains the Conceptual Framework in full detail, with background and examples.
- Created on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 10:32
The stakeholder events prior to the third session of the IPBES Plenary will be held on 10 and 11 January 2015. Only registered stakeholders who are members of accredited observer organizations will be able to attend the events. An information pack
and an agenda has been sent to participants.
- Created on Thursday, 11 December 2014 15:51
The work of IPBES is guided by a set of principles and procedures for all the main activities of the organization. As demonstrated in this short note prepared by the IPBES secretariat, the Platform ensures credibility, relevance, legitimacy and transparency through its rules of procedure and processes approved by its Plenary. The Platform's processes and procedures will be reviewed and updated by its Plenary to ensure that they remain relevant, strong and transparent.
- Congratulations to Bob Watson, Member of the Bureau of IPBES, who won the Champions of the Earth award for Science and Innovation
- Information Note available for participants to IPBES-3 (12 -17 January 2015, Bonn, Germany)
- IPBES side event at CBD COP 12, Wednesday 8 October (18:15)
- Call for comments: revised draft stakeholder engagement strategy
- Comments invited for the draft scoping reports for the regional and sub-regional assessments of IPBES