Reminder: Online dialogues with stakeholders for the transformative change assessment
- Transformative change assessment
Dear IPBES members, observers and other interested stakeholders,
With reference to notification EM/2023/03 (3 February 2023), I would like to remind you that the first external review of the thematic assessment of the underlying causes of biodiversity loss, determinants of transformative change and options for achieving the 2050 Vision for Biodiversity (transformative change assessment) is closing on 17 March 2023. Two online dialogues with stakeholders, including practitioners, are scheduled for those registered as external reviewers on 8 March 2023, 10 a.m. to noon CET and 4 to 6 p.m. CET.
Please note that you need to register as a reviewer to participate in the dialogues (step 2 below). The dialogue registration link will be made available by email after successful registration as a reviewer.
If you would like to participate as an expert reviewer in this external review and the online dialogues, please follow these steps:
1. Register as a user of the IPBES website (https://ipbes.net/user/register) if you have not already done so;
2. Register to review the draft assessment at https://ipbes.net/registration/transformative-change/fod
3. Once registered, you will receive an email providing confidential access to the draft chapters and glossary of the assessment;
4. Comments must be submitted in English using the Excel comment template available on the same webpage as the chapters;
5. The secretariat has a new system for submitting comments electronically; when you are ready to submit your comments, please upload your completed Excel template no later than 17 March 2023 at https://ipbes.net/transformative-change/fod (you must be logged in to upload your template);
6. If you encounter any technical issues uploading your comments template, please contact [email protected]
For any technical questions regarding the online dialogues, please contact the technical support unit on capacity-building ([email protected]).
I thank you for your continued support to IPBES.
Dr Anne Larigauderie | Executive Secretary
Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES)