Review of the second order draft of the chapters and the first order draft of the summary for policymakers of the invasive alien species assessment now live!
- Invasive alien species assessment
(To access this notification in other languages, please click here: عر ب / español / français / русский / 中文)
Dear IPBES members, observers and other interested stakeholders,
With reference to notification EM/2021/32 (3 November 2021), I am pleased to announce the start of the external review of the second order draft of the chapters and the first order draft of the summary for policymakers of the thematic assessment of invasive alien species and their control, which is open from 15 December 2021 to 15 February 2022.
This second external review is addressed to governments and interested and qualified experts, including scientists, decision makers, practitioners and other knowledge holders. To ensure the highest scientific quality and policy relevance of this assessment, the Multidisciplinary Expert Panel is seeking the widest-possible participation from experts from all relevant disciplines and backgrounds. To ensure consistency with and continuity from the first external review, those who participated in the first review are particularly invited to send comments.
If you would like to participate as an expert reviewer in this external review, please follow these steps:
- Register as a user of the IPBES website (https://ipbes.net/user/register) if you have not already done so;
- Register to review the draft assessment at: https://ipbes.net/registration/invasive-alien-species-assessment/sod
- Once registered, you will receive an email providing confidential access to the draft of the scoping report. Comments need to be submitted in English using the template available on the same webpage.
During the review period, the following online dialogue workshops will be organized:
- An online dialogue workshop for IPBES national focal points and other Government representatives. To accommodate for different time zones, participants may choose to attend one of the following sessions, tentatively scheduled for:
- 19 January 2022: 9:00-11:00 a.m. CET (with English – Chinese, Russian, Arabic and French interpretation)
- 19 January 2022: 11:00 p.m. -1:00 a.m. CET (with English – Spanish interpretation)
- An online dialogue workshop for stakeholders, open to all experts registered as reviewers, tentatively scheduled for 20 January 2022: 1 – 3 p.m. CET (English)
- An online dialogue workshop on indigenous and local knowledge as part of the implementation of the approach to acknowledging and working with indigenous and local knowledge in IPBES (annex II to decision IPBES-5/1).
The meeting registration link for the stakeholder dialogue workshop and the link where national focal points can register a delegation for the national focal point dialogue workshop will be made available by email after a successful registration as a reviewer (see above).
Please contact the technical support unit on capacity-building for technical questions on the dialogue workshops (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I thank you for your continued support to IPBES.
Dr Anne Larigauderie | Executive Secretary
Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES)