|Project title||Strengthening knowledge in favor of biodiversity|
|Implementing Institutions||Organisation Environnementale d’Éducation Pour Adultes (OREPA)
Direction de Développement Durable du Ministère de l' Environnement
|Country(ies)||Democratic Republic of Congo|
|Abstract||The project "Knowledge Building for Biodiversity" will be implemented in the Democratic Republic of Congo, in all the Provinces (26 at present) in which we will engage all key sectors and useful for the good health of biodiversity in the country with an area of 2,344,885 km square.
This is the result of our ability assessments conducted two years ago happening.
|Project Description||The project is, in other words, environmental citizenship, to make effective the protection of biodiversity por its better conservation.
It aims to promote a sense of each other to become conscientious and committed to the preservation of biodiversity, bearing in mind that the world must take it for scientific, economic (agriculture and industry) and ethical.
If the three RIO conventions and multilateral environmental agreements are implemented in an effective manner, they can contribute significantly to the achievement of the way sustainable development objectives and conservation of biodiversity.
|Project Objectives and expected Achievables||Project objectives
- Reinforcement of capacity of individuals, institutionally and at systemic level:
- Improve the capacity of individuals and protect biodiversity, to work as individuals in civil Society organizations;
-change mentalities, knowledge, behavior and actins individuals, increasing their awareness, their understanding and their competence on specific topics through awareness, acquisition of knowledge, training, d 'unapprentissage by protic and a learning by doing and a peer learning;
- Improve the performance of individuals by better development of human resources, performance management and accountability systems;
- Improve the performance of individuals by promoting broader participation in the management of change, motivation, incentives and morality;
- Clarify and improve the structures and organizational processes such as mandates, mission, responsibilities, the filieres hierarchical, communications and redeployment of resources;
- Improve the performance of the organization as a whole, its means of operation to make it more effective, efficient and pls able to change; this includes management, strategic planning and implementation of programs and projects;
- Improving cooperation and coordination among groups within an organization;
- Strengthen relatins with the outside world;
- Provide better information systems, better infrastructure and better equipment to support the work of the organization;
- Create enabling environments for better management of the environment are in all sectors of society;
- Improve the political framing, economic, legislative, regulatory, incentive and accountability mechanisms in which individuals and institutions work;
- Improve the formal and informal communication and collaboration between individuals; and
- Promote the participation of all sectors of society to the achievement of environmental objectives through better awareness, learning and participation, and greater transparency and government accountability.
|Seeking Resources for:||Project implementation|
|Type of Resources/Support needed:||Financial|
Strengthening knowledge in favor of biodiversity
Name of organisation:
Projects and activities of interest to IPBES and partners