Assessing the state of knowledge on biodiversity and nature’s contributions to people in support of sustainable development
IPBES performs regular and timely assessments of knowledge on biodiversity and ecosystem services and their interlinkages, which include comprehensive thematic, global and regional assessments. To date, 11 IPBES assessments have been completed:
The 2030 work programme currently includes the following assessments:
- Nexus assessment: A thematic assessment of the interlinkages among biodiversity, water, food and health in the context of climate change.
- Transformative change assessment: A thematic assessment of the underlying causes of biodiversity loss and the determinants of transformative change and options for achieving the 2050 Vision for Biodiversity
- Business and biodiversity assessment: A methodological assessment of the impact and dependence of business on biodiversity and nature’s contributions to people
- Monitoring assessment: A methodological assessment on monitoring biodiversity and nature’s contributions to people
- Second global assessment: The second global assessment of biodiversity and ecosystem services.