- Created on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 16:54
Pan-European stakeholder consultation to support the intersessional process of IPBES will be held from 16 -18 July, 2013 in Leipzig, Germany, jointly organized by the German Network Forum for Biodiversity Research (NeFo, funded by the Federal Ministry for Education and Research) and other national European biodiversity platforms.
The aims and the goals of the meeting are:
- to inform the European biodiversity knowledge community on the IPBES process;
- to provide direct input into the IPBES intersessional consultation in June/July by developing recommendations from a pan-European perspective, on:
- the draft work programme 2014 - 2018
- the draft prioritized list of requests on scientifict and technical matters
- the draft stakeholder engagement strategy for supporting the implementation of the work programme
- to discuss and explore the options for the future support of IPBES from a (pan-)European regional perspective.
The meeting is expecting to host approximately 100 participants from all over Europe across two affected UN-regions, and from a broad range of different sociatal actors, groups and institutions.
A preliminary programme and information on the venue and available accommodations is available from here.
Details on the pre-registration process and the organizer can be found on the following website.
- Created on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 16:58
Africa Regional Consultation meetings will be held from 22 - 24 July 2013, in Nairobi, Kenya. The purpose of this Regional Consultation is for the African Member States and other stakeholder in the region to discuss the current status of the intersessional process, including the development of IPBES work programme, draft conceptual framework, stakeholder engagement strategy, strategic partnership document and other elements of the Platform, and to strengthen the capacity and raise awareness in the region in the context of the IPBES framework.
- Created on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 16:55
Eastern Europe Regional Consultation meeting will be held from 1 - 2 August in Hungary.
Details of the meeting will be announced on this website shortly.
- Created on Friday, 03 May 2013 08:41
The International Expert and Stakeholder Workshop on the Contribution of Indigenous and Local Knowledge Systems to IPBES: Building Synergies with Science, will be held from 9 - 11 June 2013, in Tokyo, Japan. Convened by the IPBES Multidisciplinary Expert Panel and hosted by the Ministry of Environment, Japan, the workshop is being co-organised by UNESCO and UNU. The objectives of the workshop are to examine and identify procedures and approaches for working with indigenous and local knowledge systems in the framework of IPBES; and to review and assess possible conceptual frameworks for the work of IPBES that are based on or accommodate indigenous and local knowledge systems and worldviews. The workshop is part of the on-going intersessional process leading up to the second session of the Platform's Plenary (IPBES-2), where the outcomes of this workshop will be presented for further consideration.
- Created on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 06:22
The second Asian Regional Meeting on IPBES was held in Ramsar City, Iran on 27-28 February 2013
The 2nd Asian regional meeting on IPBES was held on 27- 28 February 2013, in Ramsar City, Iran. Organized by the ECO-IEST with the support of the United Nations Environment Programme, World Conservation Monitoring Centre and Ramsar Regional Centre in Central and West Asia (RRCCWA).
Financial and other support for the workshop was provided both by ECO-IEST and by the Government of Norway.
- Created on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 06:46
Latin America and the Caribbean Regional Consultation meeting will be held from 11 - 13 July 2013, in Sao Paulo, Brazil, co-hosted by Regional Office For Latin America and the Caribbean of UNEP and the Sao Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP).
The objectives of the meeting are:
- Strengthen and focus regional inputs to the IPBES Work Programme 2014 - 2018, with an emphasis on a strong programme of capacity building in the region;
- Strengthen regional participation in the IBPES intersessional process on other elements of the Platform;
- Develop an active network of institutions contributing to IPBES work and related capacity building in Latin America and the Caribbean; and
- Identify possible partnerships between Institutions and/or Governments to strengthen sub-regional and regional biodiversity and ecosystems services assessments, as well as knowledge generation, within the IPBES framework.
- Created on Friday, 03 May 2013 08:31
The 1st full MEP and Bureau meeting will be held from 1 - 6 June 2013, in Bergen, Norway and hosted by the Norwegian Directorate for Nature Management. The objective of this meeting is to implement Decision IPBES/1/2 Next steps for the development of the initial IPBES work programme, as requested by the IPBES Plenary at its first session (see IPBES/1/12 for further details).