- Created on Wednesday, 28 April 2010 13:00
Given the importance of IPBES from national and regional perspectives, UNEP organized regional consultations with governments, non governmental organizations and the scientific community to exchange views on options to strengthen the science-policy interface on biodiversity and ecosystem services that include the establishment of a new mechanism. These consultations were organised to better prepare Governments for the Busan meeting. The consultations brought together senior government officials and representatives of non-governmental organizations as well as the scientific community.
The following meetings were held :
- In Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), at the Forum of Environment Ministers of LAC, Panama from 26-30th April 2010.
- In Africa, just before the SBSTTA meeting in Nairobi, from 7-8 May 2010.
- In Eastern Europe, in Geneva, Switzerland, on 25 and 26th May 2010.
- In Central Asia in Almaty, Kazakhstan, on 19th and 20th May 2010.
- Permanent Representatives in New York: on 23rd April 2010.
- In North America, on 27th April 2010.
- Committee of Permanent Representatives in Nairobi: IPBES was included as an agenda item at the CPR meeting on 4th April 2010.